Safeguarding and Child Protection are high priorities at Rosewood Free School.The core elements of Rosewood Free schools approach to safeguarding are:
PREVENTION Creating a positive and safe environment, through careful and vigilant staffing, accessible pastoral care, support for children and young people (hitherto referred to as children), and to provide good adult role models.
PROTECTION Agreed procedures are followed; all staff, volunteers and Governors are trained and supported to respond appropriately and sensitively to child protection and safeguarding concerns.
SUPPORT young people their families and our staff, volunteers and Governors.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leaders (DSLs) for school are:
- Sarah Clarke Lead DSL (Deputy Head Teacher)
- Zoe Evans Deputy DSL (Head Teacher)
- Niki Seel Deputy DSL (Early Years Lead)
Liz McCaughey is our Chair and of Governors and safeguarding link governor.
Martin Gillie is our Looked after Child Governor.
We use the online reporting system My concern that allows us to share information with each other and other agencies such as Health and Children’s social care.
As part of Rosewood free schools ongoing safeguarding and child protection, duties we support the government’s Prevent Strategy.
Prevent is part of CONTEST, the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy. The main aim of Prevent is to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. Prevent focuses on all forms of terrorist threats for example international terrorism and far right extremism.
The Government’s Prevent strategy can be found on their website
Three Key Themes
The police, Local Authorities, and our partner organisations are working together to help strengthen and empower our communities to reject those who want to cause harm. We work together and focus on three key themes:
- Safeguarding vulnerable individuals through the provision of advice and support and intervention projects
- Working closely with institutions such as Universities, Schools, Prisons, Health, Charities and faith establishments
- Challenging terrorist ideology by working closely with other local and national agencies, partners and our communities
You might like to look at these documents